As every year it’s time to hold on for a second, look back to see what have been accomplished, and try an outlook for the next things to come.
2008 has been very intense and successful for us at FAROO.
We significantly enhanced our Peer-to-peer technology
- with an active distributed crawler swarm,
- the integration of external search sources,
- indexing support for non-Latin languages,
- Boolean and phrase search,
- and a XML API.
FAROO attracted attention as a promising alternative
- and has received a positive and encouraging echo in the blogosphere, e.g. Could P2P Search Change the Game?
- we have been selected as one of the Top 10 Alternative Search Engines of 2008 by AltSearchEngines and one of the Top 100 Products of 2008 by ReadWriteWeb
- we have been invited to DLD08 Conference, the Alternative Search Engines Day, the CHORUS P2P Workshop and TechCrunch50 and presented FAROO at the Web 2.0 Expo San Francisco and Berlin.
We launched the product to a wider audience
- with the start of the public beta test and
- started the distribution with more than 10,000 downloads.
We continued to build up the company
- by strengthening our team
- and securing the base for our future growth.
While last year we demonstrated the technological feasibility of p2p search, this year we will concentrate on a large scale distribution and indexing, as base for a much broader adaption in the market.
We would like to thank everybody who supported us during that year, our long term friends and the exceptional people we met this year, and we hope that also in 2009 you will be on our side to further explore the future of search.